Universal Traffic Recorder
The new Universal Traffic Recorder: so much more than a recording device. Whether you are driving in the streets or parking your car, you can now benefit from an extra pair of eyes.
This means you can detect the cause of damage to your vehicle even when it is parked.
It also allows you to document your journey as well as beautiful landscapes and then share this content with friends. Furthermore it is also equipped with a car finder.
You have the choice of buying the Universal Traffic Recorder for the front only (4G0 063 511) or for both the front and rear (4G0 063 511 A).
|Description||Models/Application||Price (ex GST)|
|Twin Camera Kit (front & rear) installed||A4 (B9) A6/A7 (2011 ->), Q3 (MY15 onwards), Q5 (MY13 onwards), Q7 (4M), A8 (D4)||$,1440.00*|
|Single Camera Kit (front only) installed||A4 (B9) A6/A7 (2011 ->), Q3 (MY15 onwards), Q5 (MY13 onwards), Q7 (4M), A8 (D4)||$1,236.00*|
|Single Camera Kit (rear only) installed||A4 (B9) A6/A7 (2011 ->), Q3 (MY15 onwards), Q5 (MY13 onwards), Q7 (4M), A8 (D4)||$1,236.00*|
* Please note that the Universal Traffic Recorder is only available for the following models: A4 (B9), A6/A7 (2011 ->), Q3 (MY15 onwards), Q5 (MY13 onwards), Q7 (4M), A8 (D4).
How does it work?
It uses a two-channel surveillance system for front and rear that can be controlled via a corresponding smartphone app for live viewing, data management, and easy settings adjustment.
Part content creator, part security surveillance, the Universal Traffic Recorder is the optimal companion to have on the roads.
The Universal Traffic Recorder is equipped with three different surveillance modes. Each features different functionalities tailored to various driving and parking situations that customers might find themselves in. These functionalities are listed and explained below.
- Regular mode for recording
- Recording starts after the engine is turned on and ends after it is turned off
- Equipped with a ring buffer, meaning that when the storage is full, the oldest data is deleted to make space for new data recording (this also pertains to the other modes)
- Data is stored on an SD card and will not be overwritten by Event or Parking Mode
- Impact triggered recording
- When the acceleration sensor exceeds its threshold, it immediately begins recording the relevant data
- Sensitivity of the acceleration sensor is adjustable by the customer via the Audi UTR app
- Separate files are saved with a pre-defined length
- Data is stored on an SD card and will not be overwritten by
- Standard or Parking Mode
- Radar based recording
- Record mode will be activated once the engine is turned off
- System remains in a stand-by mode until motion is detected by the radar sensor, then recording starts
- Sensitivity of radar sensor is adjustable by the customer via the Audi UTR app
- More than 72 hours of stand-by time is possible
- Separate files are saved with a pre-defined length
- Data is stored on an SD card and will not be overwritten by Standard or Event Mode
The UTR App
Its capabilities include live viewing, data management, a car finder function and being able to adjust the recorder‘s settings. The seamless connection between the Universal Traffic Recorder and the smartphone occurs via a recorder-internal Wi-Fi hotspot. Users have the choice to access data from an SD card and use internal smartphone storage. All functions of the recorder can be controlled by the Audi UTR app.
Live View: Live images of both front and rear camera allow the customer to adjust them to the most suitable recording position.¹
Video Gallery: Enables customers to watch recorded data directly from the SD card or the internal smartphone storage. The export of the data from the SD card to the smartphone is possible here.¹
Settings: Enables the configuration and control of the recorder. Allows the customer to switch between the different modes and to adjust the acceleration and impact sensor as well as enable other functions.¹
¹A running engine is required. It is not possible from far distances.
- The Universal Traffic Recorder offers flexibility through different modes
- Both radar and acceleration sensor enable detection of relevant data
- Recorder has its own built-in Wi-Fi hotspot which enables a wireless connection to the corresponding Audi UTR app
- Voice guide enables acoustic information regarding recorder status
- Built-in GPS system to find the car when it is parked and to determine the speed and acceleration when it is being driven
- All data is instantly saved to an easily ejectable SD card
- Recorder produces full HD footage meaning high movie quality
- Audi UTR app is available free of charge and has an intuitive and easy-to-use interface
- Recorder is connected to the power supply of the car
- Thanks to the intelligent battery management system, the car’s battery is capable of functioning at any time
- Thanks to the attachment mechanism, the recorder is quickly and easily removable avoiding potential theft and break-ins
- The device and its holder have been through a rigorous testing procedure
- Thanks to a crash-proven fixation structure, no parts break up in the event of an accident or airbag activation, keeping the occupants safe
- Compact product design and installation position meaning minimal interference with the driver’s view
Visit us at one of the following sites or call us on (03) 8354 1848.